CADWELL BRIDGE SAFETY PROJECT
The proposed scheme at Cadwell Bridge provides for:
Electronic, activated road signs either side of the bridge
- These signs will be triggered automatically by long vehicles travelling in either direction, and will show ‘Road Narrows’ and ‘Slow’
- The signs can also be activated manually by horse riders or pedestrians pushing buttons; this will show a horse symbol on the electronic sign as well as ‘Slow’
- If a vehicle triggers the sign at the same time as a rider/ pedestrian pushes a button, the priority will be to show the horse and ‘Slow’ symbols
- Push buttons will be located in three positions; two on the Ickleford side of the bridge, and the other adjacent to Cadwell Farm
- Each of the three positions will have push buttons at two heights; one for riders, one for pedestrians
A diagram of the scheme can be found by clicking here.
We will keep you informed as the project progresses. For your information, there are a number of Frequently Asked Questions about this scheme which can be found here.