In 1894 a local government act decreed that all parishes with a population of 300 or more were to form a council so in compliance with this act, Ickleford held their first parish meeting on 4th December 1894. Following a proposal by G Bird, and no other proposals, Captain Hugh Dudley Ryder became the first chairman of the parish council.
In the early days items on the agenda were mostly about sewer ditches, the allotment rents and the state of the footpaths. Today the problems facing the councillors include fast-moving traffic through the village and increasing facilities, as well as still maintaining the footpaths and commons (see minutes).
The Parish Council currently consists of 7 elected members and a clerk.
Notice of Casual Vacancy due to Councillor resignation
Notice is hereby given that 1 (one) casual vacancy exists in the Office of Parish Councillor for the Parish of Ickleford due to the resignation of Kathy Goldie.
The Council will fill this vacancy by co-option and request that interested parties complete and return the application and eligibility forms to the Clerk of Ickleford Parish Council using the contact details below.
These forms can be found on the ‘News’ page of the Parish Council website (icklefordpc.com). Alternatively, please email the Clerk at email@example.com or telephone on 07913 839933 to request the forms.